I have a fairly new (2 months?) zero water filter-pitcher. After a couple of weeks, I started noticing small black charcoal-looking material in the top of the pitcher (above the filter).

Later, I started noticing small, yellow globs of what looks like a fatty gel also in top of pitcher. I see I am not the only one. I have tried tightening the filter, that is not the problem. It seems like materials from inside the filter are coming out the top.

I would like to get a new replacement filter. The filters are expensive and I don't use this unit all that much, so it shouldn't have failed so soon.

Review about: Zerowater Water Filter.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I am having the same problem with charcoal bits coming into the reservoir. Is this ok, have not noticed a bad smell.

We all want answers to this. What can be done other than replacing a very expensive filter?

To keep me from returning my water pitcher and filters, and keep me as a Zero water consumer, you have to publish my comment in full. (justsoyaknow...ZeroWater has a terms of service that they can edit my review.)I have a new zero water pitcher, we've been using it 3 days and I see a lot of small bits of charcoal swimming in my water glass.

What good is a water filter if its charcoal is being served with the water? I want a new filter but I'm trying another filter first. I can still return the pitcher and filters but I'm going to give it another try.

Where are the filters made? Certainly not where Quality Assurance and Quality Control is a factor in the country.

ZeroWaterTeam
Bensalem, Pennsylvania, United States #1309839
Zerowater Verified Representative

Thank you for reaching out to us. For the particles in the water: this does not normally occur but when it does it is usually a result of the filter being dried out or high pressure water hitting the top of the filter.

Please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 503-2939 .

Please let them know where you purchased this filter from? Also, if a ZeroWater logo molded into the filter?

to ZeroWaterTeam Aurora, Colorado, United States #1314720

I have the same problem! The smell is awful like dead fish and that nasty yellow and black stuff floating up from the filter into the water tray is nasty.

I use this water to mix formula for a newborn. I bought my unit at Bed Bath Beyond and all replacement filters from them.

to ZeroWaterTeam Aurora, Colorado, United States #1314721

ZeroWaterTeam
to Anonymous Bensalem, Pennsylvania, United States #1314832
Zerowater Verified Representative

When you notice a difference in taste/smell this means the filter has been exhausted and needs to be replaced. Filter life varies per household - it depends on your household water consumption and the amount of TDS (total dissolved solids) in your tap water.

Do you know what the TDS of your unfiltered tap water is reading? If so, we can give you an estimate of how many gallons of water you should receive per filter. Since we have no indication of your TDS levels we cannot determine if this filter failed prematurely or reached end of life. It is important that you periodically test your filtered water with your TDS meter and when the light comes on or the meter reads 006 or higher(depending on which meter you have) the filter should be replaced.

Also, in regards to the particles in the reservoir: this does not normally occur but when it does it is usually a result of the filter being dried out or high pressure water hitting the top of the filter. Please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 503-2939 .

to ZeroWaterTeam #1367294

I fill up my ZeroW filter at least 2x day. I get the yellow and black filter material coming up not long after I install a new filter, and it just keeps increasing.

The water below the filter is wonderful, but the stuff above it is annoying.

I don't get the fish smell.

My water pressure is not very high, but I do run the water directly onto the filter. The directions that come with it say to do that.

I have replaced filters several times just because I don't like looking at the detritus, although the meter readings are 0-2.

I would like a solution also.

to ZeroWaterTeam Aurora, Colorado, United States #1314722

to ZeroWaterTeam #1530444

We have charcoal and yellow in our picture at top also would like to know what to do ? Is it safe to drink