6.2K views
With Company response Not resolved

Like another reviewer, I had the gold not orange granules, a little black too, but mostly these tiny gold, round granules like grains of sand or salt, as you can see in the photo I have uploaded. They are coming up from the filter through the screen when you pour water into it, as you can just about make out in the photo.

However, if you put the filter in good light, you can see inside all these tiny gold crystals. This has been going on for a while and also with the prior filter I had. I thought it was something to do with my water, then thought it was my Brita pitcher because I use Brita then pour that water in Zero Water. But when I stopped using the Brita and just poured the water straight in ZW, the gold granules floated up out of the filter and I then noticed what looks like hundreds of the gold crystals or granules inside the filter.

What are they? Are they harmful to one's health?

I already put a call into Zero Water. I can be reached at 518-573-7163.

Product or Service Mentioned: Zerowater Water Filter.

Reason of review: Concerned that my health could be compromised and want to know if drinking this water is safe..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Dec 22, 2016.

Comments

I have the same issue. Company is not returning my calls.

I've only had the unit for 4 weeks and have found the debris in my kettle too.

I'm also experiencing stomach problems. They feel like plastic to me.

So I am going with the assumption that the gold balls I see are not fish eggs or anything, they are just part of the filter showing breaking apart. Which probably means it is time to replace the filter.

it doesn't tell you what the pellets are

I am also facing same issue with ZW filter?Shall we continue using this filter?

I too am still waiting for an explanation of why this orange Goldie stuff creeps up near the end of the service life of each filter. Poor consumer response from the company.

I have the same issue. I stopped using the filter

Me too

I agree with the customer. ZeroWater has an obligation to its clientele, "customers," financial supporters an answer.

What are they and why do those little gold gel pellets reverse out of the filter to the surface?

As a customer, I too would like to know. And what are they?My kids are drinking the water too so what is the answer?mypremail@yahoo.com

I have just noticed this as well. Seeing clear littles particles that are seeping into my filtered zero water drinking water. Is it still safe to drink?

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE GOLD CRYSTALS AND BLACK SPECKS WITH MY ZERO WATER PITCHER!!! WHAT CAUSES THIS???

Mine does this all the time. Every time we replace the filter it coughs up all these crystals. Even gold colored ones right out of the package.

This happened to ours too.

The gold colored beads are what removes most of the toxic particles from the water. Typically if these are bubbling up from your filter you should replace it.

I see carbon (black dust) float up from mine all the time. Its not an issue. I have been using the Zero Water filter for years.

The only issue is that it takes everything out of the water. Therefore I add a pinch of Hyml Sea Salts to each liter of water.

to Anonymous #1548402

Never, ever publish personal information on an open internet site. You may well open Pandora's Box into your own life so I recommend highly that you cease and desist.

to Anonymous #1577059

lol. calm down

Zerowater finally sent me 2 new filters,.I WON'T drink the water after I put it thru Brita first then ZW,.I BOIL it after its been thru filters,.My dogs drink it when its been taken out of fridge,.If they can drink Lake water then they can drink this water after I go thru all the processes,..

jsantoyojr
Dallas, Texas, United States #1332087

Having the same issues. It happens multiple times with the last sets of filters I've been using since last year.

before they re-designed the filters, it never happen before and the filters lasted almost twice as long.

I've been a faithful zero water consumer for 5 years in 5 different states and its starting to *** me off. This product is expensive and it is starting to not be worth it.

to jsantoyojr #1427862

Agree

to Anonymous #1565145

It's a5 stage filter, why don't you look up how those work. Normally 3 stage is considered safe water and they include Screen rocks Pebbles sand Carcoal Strainer It goes rocks filter out the large solids, followed by the second stage which filters out the small stuff solids, thrid stage filters out micro solids Charcoal cleans/kills Strainer makes sure only water comes out, and screen holds the layers.

The gold is most likely a sand or sand alternativein the 3rd stage, and black is the activated charcoal.

This is a time proven method of making clean drinking water and is used the world over, 100% safe. Note this method does not kill viruses

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States #1264204

Mine does this usually when my filter is expired. The filter has layers of resin beads and charcoal and I think this is what you're seeing. I've never seen them go through into the drinking water only on top of the filter.