1.8K views
With Company response Not resolved

Like another reviewer, I had the gold not orange granules, a little black too, but mostly these tiny gold, round granules like grains of sand or salt, as you can see in the photo I have uploaded.They are coming up from the filter through the screen when you pour water into it, as you can just about make out in the photo.

However, if you put the filter in good light, you can see inside all these tiny gold crystals. This has been going on for a while and also with the prior filter I had. I thought it was something to do with my water, then thought it was my Brita pitcher because I use Brita then pour that water in Zero Water. But when I stopped using the Brita and just poured the water straight in ZW, the gold granules floated up out of the filter and I then noticed what looks like hundreds of the gold crystals or granules inside the filter.

What are they? Are they harmful to one's health?

I already put a call into Zero Water.I can be reached at 518-573-7163.

This reviewer shared experience about "concerned that my health could be compromised and want to know if drinking this water is safe." and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $100. The author is overall dissatisfied with Zerowater and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Zerowater.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Utility category for more informed decision or compare Zerowater to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Zerowater?

Comments

Zerowater finally sent me 2 new filters,.I WON'T drink the water after I put it thru Brita first then ZW,.I BOIL it after its been thru filters,.My dogs drink it when its been taken out of fridge,.If they can drink Lake water then they can drink this water after I go thru all the processes,..

jsantoyojr
Dallas, Texas, United States #1332087

Having the same issues.It happens multiple times with the last sets of filters I've been using since last year.

before they re-designed the filters, it never happen before and the filters lasted almost twice as long.

I've been a faithful zero water consumer for 5 years in 5 different states and its starting to *** me off.This product is expensive and it is starting to not be worth it.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States #1264204

Mine does this usually when my filter is expired. The filter has layers of resin beads and charcoal and I think this is what you're seeing. I've never seen them go through into the drinking water only on top of the filter.

Fayetteville, Pennsylvania, United States #1264082

Same thing happened to our filter. The ppm meter measured 001 in the filtered water but began tasting funny as well. To be fair we have used the filter for 2 months or more.

Fresno, California, United States #1263504

The large capacity unit clearly shows two filters working at the same time but only one can be used at a time , deceptive and false advertising , thinking about calling a Lawyer

ZeroWaterTeam
Zerowater Response

Thank you for reaching out to us the yellow beads are ion exchange beads and are not harmful.If the carbon in the filter dries up and/or there is a high pressure stream of water that hits the top of the filter, the resin may sometimes rise to the top.

We will have customer service reach out to you to assist you further.Thank you.

to Zerowater Response Boca Raton, Florida, United States #1339955

What does the ion exchange beads do?

to Zerowater Response #1369856

I also recently found these resin beads inside my water cup while drinking! I definitely drank them, and don't know for how long. I'm concerned for my health because I've been having serious stomach pain lately and this could attribute to it.

to AngelaVallee #1378677

WHY would you swallow those resin or whatever they are,.Beads???