Update added by user Sep 26, 2016
Monetary loss to date is zero, since after two months the filters; and the dispenser have been refunded. However, poor performance by premature failure (at high cost) seems to be a common problem, and all these points are still valid, until they change the way the product works (or doesn't work, in this case).
Original review posted by user Aug 27, 2016
Filtered Carlsbad, Ca water became undrinkable after only 1.5 weeks: NEW 23 cup dispenser and NEW Zerowater filters used.Sterile technique was used during setup; standard lab exclusion techniques by rinsing first with meaurement source water, then filling with sample used to measure source; post filtration water (I am a cardiac surgical professional, and also ex-lab tech!).
Tap TLD measured .512 - .542. New filter TLD measured .001. After only 2 weeks, water tasted like bitter lemon. TLD measured a whopping .284!
Container decontaminated with 1:5 bleach: H20, rinsed and air-dried. New filter inserted using sterile gloves and technique. Filled with tap water. Filtered water measured .001, but after 1.5 weeks tasted like bitter lemon and measured .254.
This is unacceptable to pay $12 every two weeks for a water filter that filtered < 3 gallons. Previously I was buying 5 gallon water bottles for $1.75 that contained only .010 TLD! My Brita system filters water to .215, but tastes great. Remember, this TLD is a very misleading, and arbitrary measurement.
It is not telling WHAT it is measuring, good or bad. But who cares if the water tastes so bad you can't drink it?
I am returning the carton of 8 filters and the container back to the sellers.As a prominent Consumer Advocate, I have reported my complaint to Zerowater, and will take appropriate steps to engage other agencies as necessary.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Water quality
- Dispenser vs pitcher option
What I disliked
- Water tastes sour very fast
- Cost vs usability of filters
You May Also Like
- "Bought this unit 5 years ago and had it installed by a authorized installer. Paid out close to $4500.00. Unit has almost literally not worked since. I've had service guys..."
- "I too have experienced massively gross smelling fish water from my zero water filters/water! It's fine for 2-3 weeks after you change the filter, but after that..."
- "After reading the prior 10 reviews I'll begin by stating this is a REAL review by a REAL customer. I was personally against the installation of the solar panels from..."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "I have always had suspicions of Thumbtack creating fake leads to take our money, known that other pros submit them to get competitors pricing and thought it possible some were..."
- "Fatal Design Flaw at ball joint. Two ball joints connect the clip to the tuner head via a curved armature (see photo below). These plastic joint prongs inner dimension are..."
- "Samsung Smartcam wifi cam model SNH1011N JUNK! Bought from Costco. Package and inserts state 30 minute setup, but after 2 hours this is what happened: Quicksetup guide..."