Update added by user Sep 26
Monetary loss to date is zero, since after two months the filters; and the dispenser have been refunded. However, poor performance by premature failure (at high cost) seems to be a common problem, and all these points are still valid, until they change the way the product works (or doesn't work, in this case).
Original review posted by user Aug 27
Filtered Carlsbad, Ca water became undrinkable after only 1.5 weeks: NEW 23 cup dispenser and NEW Zerowater filters used.Sterile technique was used during setup; standard lab exclusion techniques by rinsing first with meaurement source water, then filling with sample used to measure source; post filtration water (I am a cardiac surgical professional, and also ex-lab tech!).
Tap TLD measured .512 - .542. New filter TLD measured .001. After only 2 weeks, water tasted like bitter lemon. TLD measured a whopping .284!
Container decontaminated with 1:5 bleach: H20, rinsed and air-dried. New filter inserted using sterile gloves and technique. Filled with tap water. Filtered water measured .001, but after 1.5 weeks tasted like bitter lemon and measured .254.
This is unacceptable to pay $12 every two weeks for a water filter that filtered < 3 gallons. Previously I was buying 5 gallon water bottles for $1.75 that contained only .010 TLD! My Brita system filters water to .215, but tastes great. Remember, this TLD is a very misleading, and arbitrary measurement.
It is not telling WHAT it is measuring, good or bad. But who cares if the water tastes so bad you can't drink it?
I am returning the carton of 8 filters and the container back to the sellers.As a prominent Consumer Advocate, I have reported my complaint to Zerowater, and will take appropriate steps to engage other agencies as necessary.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Water quality
- Dispenser vs pitcher option
What I disliked
- Water tastes sour very fast
- Cost vs usability of filters
You May Also Like
- "DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. This is my nephews FB as i do not have my own however i am in my 50s and Purchased..."
- "My first experience with the Zero Water system was in Georgia. It was very positive: water tasted great, filters lasted a long time. Only 1 person in the..."
- "Lawrence Bradbrook and Paul Reynolds were previously the Directors of SKYShades Australia, a Brisbane based business owned by Brisbane Bronco's founding Chairman Barry Maranta and his business partner Forest Lake..."
- "Samsung Smartcam wifi cam model SNH1011N JUNK! Bought from Costco. Package and inserts state 30 minute setup, but after 2 hours this is what happened: Quicksetup guide..."
- "Be careful they don't put the wrong oil filter on your car. It happened to me in August. After I left, my car started smoking so I promptly returned and..."
- "I worked with their San Diego location to obtain a loan for a $500k condo in early 2015. Everything seemed too good to be true so I took my wife's..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."