2.4

Update by user Sep 26, 2016

Monetary loss to date is zero, since after two months the filters; and the dispenser have been refunded. However, poor performance by premature failure (at high cost) seems to be a common problem, and all these points are still valid, until they change the way the product works (or doesn't work, in this case).

Original review posted by user Aug 27, 2016

Filtered Carlsbad, Ca water became undrinkable after only 1.5 weeks: NEW 23 cup dispenser and NEW Zerowater filters used.Sterile technique was used during setup; standard lab exclusion techniques by rinsing first with meaurement source water, then filling with sample used to measure source; post filtration water (I am a cardiac surgical professional, and also ex-lab tech!).

Tap TLD measured .512 - .542. New filter TLD measured .001. After only 2 weeks, water tasted like bitter lemon. TLD measured a whopping .284!

Container decontaminated with 1:5 bleach: H20, rinsed and air-dried. New filter inserted using sterile gloves and technique. Filled with tap water. Filtered water measured .001, but after 1.5 weeks tasted like bitter lemon and measured .254.

This is unacceptable to pay $12 every two weeks for a water filter that filtered < 3 gallons. Previously I was buying 5 gallon water bottles for $1.75 that contained only .010 TLD! My Brita system filters water to .215, but tastes great. Remember, this TLD is a very misleading, and arbitrary measurement.

It is not telling WHAT it is measuring, good or bad. But who cares if the water tastes so bad you can't drink it?

I am returning the carton of 8 filters and the container back to the sellers.As a prominent Consumer Advocate, I have reported my complaint to Zerowater, and will take appropriate steps to engage other agencies as necessary.

Review about: Zerowater Filtration System.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Water quality, Dispenser vs pitcher option.

I didn't like: Toxic, Water tastes sour very fast, Cost vs usability of filters.

Had an Experience with Zerowater?

Comments

Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States #1204876

The same has happened to me! The Water became strong acidic! And I have a baby and was giving her this water for an entire day before realizing something was wrong.

RowanRixby