Update added by user Sep 26
Monetary loss to date is zero, since after two months the filters; and the dispenser have been refunded. However, poor performance by premature failure (at high cost) seems to be a common problem, and all these points are still valid, until they change the way the product works (or doesn't work, in this case).
Original review posted by user Aug 27
Filtered Carlsbad, Ca water became undrinkable after only 1.5 weeks: NEW 23 cup dispenser and NEW Zerowater filters used.Sterile technique was used during setup; standard lab exclusion techniques by rinsing first with meaurement source water, then filling with sample used to measure source; post filtration water (I am a cardiac surgical professional, and also ex-lab tech!).
Tap TLD measured .512 - .542. New filter TLD measured .001. After only 2 weeks, water tasted like bitter lemon. TLD measured a whopping .284!
Container decontaminated with 1:5 bleach: H20, rinsed and air-dried. New filter inserted using sterile gloves and technique. Filled with tap water. Filtered water measured .001, but after 1.5 weeks tasted like bitter lemon and measured .254.
This is unacceptable to pay $12 every two weeks for a water filter that filtered < 3 gallons. Previously I was buying 5 gallon water bottles for $1.75 that contained only .010 TLD! My Brita system filters water to .215, but tastes great. Remember, this TLD is a very misleading, and arbitrary measurement.
It is not telling WHAT it is measuring, good or bad. But who cares if the water tastes so bad you can't drink it?
I am returning the carton of 8 filters and the container back to the sellers.As a prominent Consumer Advocate, I have reported my complaint to Zerowater, and will take appropriate steps to engage other agencies as necessary.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Water quality
- Dispenser vs pitcher option
What I disliked
- Water tastes sour very fast
- Cost vs usability of filters
You May Also Like
- "I too have experienced massively gross smelling fish water from my zero water filters/water! It's fine for 2-3 weeks after you change the filter, but after that..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "We purchased a Missouri Freedom General 2- 48/96V 2000W turbine,Coleman 440 HVA charge controller,10,000W Aims inverter/charger,48V Diversion dump load resistor(4resistor dump),3phase break switch,100A fuse and holder and all the goodies..."
- "I worked with their San Diego location to obtain a loan for a $500k condo in early 2015. Everything seemed too good to be true so I took my wife's..."
- "Be careful they don't put the wrong oil filter on your car. It happened to me in August. After I left, my car started smoking so I promptly returned and..."
- "I have always had suspicions of Thumbtack creating fake leads to take our money, known that other pros submit them to get competitors pricing and thought it possible some were..."
- "I purchased a San Lucas sofa bed made by Ashley Furniture purchased thru Coleman's furniture online spent about $1200 including an extended warranty we have the same problem with the..."
- "I ordered a beautiful arrangement with a stand and a banner, I paid $108.92. What I received was wilted flowers, no banner and then when I called to complain, Avas..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."