Mesa, Arizona
12.7K views 50 comments

I bought Zero Water filter from Walmart. We used for only 4 days... Now the water after going threw the filter taste like lemons and a very acidic and metallic tasting fluid. I won't call it water cause it tasted like pollution of some sort.

Related: About the sour/acidic taste of ZeroWater filtering system

I'm going to call the Health Dept. tomorrow to report it....

Here in AZ we drink a lot of water and we count on filtration because of the terrible water conditions here...

Started out great, but now (just after 4 or 5 gallons) is dangerous to me and my family making us sick with flu like symptoms...

I have been sick for 3 days now just starting to feel a little better...

Review about: Zerowater Water Filter.

Review #319913 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Zerowater Filter
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $38
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Zerowater?

Comments

magnetic66
Brooklyn, New York, United States #1144180

i sorry to hear that i dont work for zero water but i and my family ,friends love it

I researched water filters one time and the Ultimate Pur water filter was the best.It took the most impurities (99%) from the water including lead.

I bought the Ultimate Pur water filter for the kitchen faucet.

It lasted about 2-3 months.I knew the water was really clean of impurities and metals.

My wife and I recently purchased the ZeroWater 23 Cup Dispenser from Walmart and thought it was an upgrade from a similar size Brita water filter.Today we smelled a sour or fishy smell coming from the ZeroWater dispenser and found mold on the filter.

It makes since now because we have been complaining about mild headaches, stomach bloating, and restless sleep.Now we both have to pay for a doctors visit.

DO NOT PURCHSE SIMILAR ZEROWATER PRODUCTS UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too bought a Zero Water filter.Filled it about 10 times and the water has a horrible bitter after taste that makes it undrinkable.

DON'T BUY ONE they are terrible.

Very irritated to have spent the money, this company needs to cease and desist!Can we file a class action suit or something?

Beckster
to Anonymous #1123206

Please, we must call them out on this issue large scale.

I had the same experience!What recourse do we have.

The water is rancid lemon metallic.

Can't believe this is still marketed!

to Anonymous Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #1112388

The Ultimate Pur water faucet filter gets more than other faucet or pitcher impurities out if the water.I've never had any problem with mine.

A red light comes on when the filter needs to be disposed of, about 2-3 months.

The pkg of 2 filters and one faucet filter holder and connector was only about $39-40.

Tony Burke

I bought a ZERO WATER from Walmart, the filters don't last very long before the numbers reach 006, the Tester has malfunctioned and Walmart doesn't carry them. Does the Tester use a battery and where do I get it?

My dog is in kidney failure after 3 months of drinking ZeroWater!

Did you ever get to the health department?

From the Zero Water website:

Q.Odor: Fishy smell

A.

Most customers do not notice an odor from their filter, so it is likely that the general make up of your water is different than most.

When the filter is used up, this can cause the smell.It is very important that you regularly test your water to be sure it reads 000 to prevent this in the future.