15.7K views

I bought Zero Water filter from Walmart. We used for only 4 days... Now the water after going threw the filter taste like lemons and a very acidic and metallic tasting fluid. I won't call it water cause it tasted like pollution of some sort.

I'm going to call the Health Dept. tomorrow to report it....

Here in AZ we drink a lot of water and we count on filtration because of the terrible water conditions here...

Started out great, but now (just after 4 or 5 gallons) is dangerous to me and my family making us sick with flu like symptoms...

I have been sick for 3 days now just starting to feel a little better...

Review about: Zerowater Filter.

Comments

Has anyone checked the water beforehand for the ppm? Zerowater states on the website that the worse off the water is, that the filter will need changed sooner.

If your water is reading upwards 400+ then filter will only last at most 8 gallons before it needs changed. Compared to national average,of around 200 then the filter would need changed after 25-40 gallons.

I however just bought it and it leaves a metallic taste in mouth and throat a bit sore. But I've noticed material floating around in,filtered water that wasn't present beforehand.

I have used this filter for 3 months and gone through 4 filters. A new filter reads 056 on first filters--not impressed.

Also have loose gold and black bits floating in the fill reservoir. Complained to company and they sent a replacement filter which is reading 058 on first filtering! And after 3 filtering it too is leaking these golden bits.. It doesn't taste good and hearing about the headaches now makes sense as to why I too am suffering headaches-waking every morning with a headache and just not feeling as well as before.

Also, my dogs won't drink the water I pour from the filter. We all need out money back.

I'm in palm springs California bought zero water from Wal-Mart. Only lasted 4 gallons and tastes like metal.

Undrinkable.

Health department needs to stop this asap. There is somethi my wrong and don't buy...contact consumer protection agency if you had this experience before more get sick.

Your waters taste most likely has nothing to do with your flu like symptoms, or if it does we will see many complaints of the same. My suggestion if this is your first filter cartridge is go replace the cartridge.

Then if you still notice the same thing after 4, or 5 gallons contact zero water. These are 5 stage filters That use ion exchange resins .

to PaulE #1428715

Terrible product. Going back to Brita

to PaulE #1430918

I have flue like symptoms to as does my fiancee i noticed little glass lilke pepples fibre glass i think inside my mouth and so i checked and they are all over the place in there

I love it. Had it for a year.

The water is still fresh. Tastes good at room temperature too. I just came on here to learn how to use the red light tester...

wondering if it needs a battery. The water tastes dramatically different from what comes out of the faucet.

to Nancy Naan0 #1420633

I have had mine for 6 months using original filters. When we moved to Arizona and got a new filter element ..water taste lemony after less than a week. Very disappointed.

I'm having the same problem. The tester started reading at 7 to 9 and I didn't think it would be an issue to use it a few more days.

It's tasting like lemons and weird.

I too am having head aches, shortness of breath, nausea . I run it through a Brita first and it's terrible after just a few days.

After using Zero Water for 3weeks, I became ill and dehydrated. To test if the Filter was the problem, I placed a small flashlight at the bottom of the zero water pitcher, and poured water thru the top.

Small, clear silicone beads were observed floating in the bottom of the Pitcher. They looked like the moisture absorbing beads found in some boxes of new shoes, which are toxic. From what I've observed. I believe silicone would demineralize the drinking water and cause dehydration due to no minerals in the Zero water.

The source of the bitter taster could not be determined, but I'm surprised Zero water doesn't put any warning on their label. I will never buy this product again.

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1144180

i sorry to hear that i dont work for zero water but i and my family ,friends love it

I researched water filters one time and the Ultimate Pur water filter was the best. It took the most impurities (99%) from the water including lead.

I bought the Ultimate Pur water filter for the kitchen faucet.

It lasted about 2-3 months. I knew the water was really clean of impurities and metals.

My wife and I recently purchased the ZeroWater 23 Cup Dispenser from Walmart and thought it was an upgrade from a similar size Brita water filter. Today we smelled a sour or fishy smell coming from the ZeroWater dispenser and found mold on the filter.

It makes since now because we have been complaining about mild headaches, stomach bloating, and restless sleep. Now we both have to pay for a doctors visit.

DO NOT PURCHSE SIMILAR ZEROWATER PRODUCTS UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too bought a Zero Water filter. Filled it about 10 times and the water has a horrible bitter after taste that makes it undrinkable.

DON'T BUY ONE they are terrible.

Very irritated to have spent the money, this company needs to cease and desist! Can we file a class action suit or something?

to Anonymous #1123206

Please, we must call them out on this issue large scale.

I had the same experience! What recourse do we have.

The water is rancid lemon metallic.

Can't believe this is still marketed!

to Anonymous Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #1112388

The Ultimate Pur water faucet filter gets more than other faucet or pitcher impurities out if the water. I've never had any problem with mine.

A red light comes on when the filter needs to be disposed of, about 2-3 months.

The pkg of 2 filters and one faucet filter holder and connector was only about $39-40.

I bought a ZERO WATER from Walmart, the filters don't last very long before the numbers reach 006, the Tester has malfunctioned and Walmart doesn't carry them. Does the Tester use a battery and where do I get it?

My dog is in kidney failure after 3 months of drinking ZeroWater!

Did you ever get to the health department?

From the Zero Water website:

Q. Odor: Fishy smell

A.

Most customers do not notice an odor from their filter, so it is likely that the general make up of your water is different than most.

When the filter is used up, this can cause the smell. It is very important that you regularly test your water to be sure it reads 000 to prevent this in the future.