Mesa, Arizona
19.4K views

I bought Zero Water filter from Walmart. We used for only 4 days... Now the water after going threw the filter taste like lemons and a very acidic and metallic tasting fluid. I won't call it water cause it tasted like pollution of some sort.

I'm going to call the Health Dept. tomorrow to report it....

Here in AZ we drink a lot of water and we count on filtration because of the terrible water conditions here...

Started out great, but now (just after 4 or 5 gallons) is dangerous to me and my family making us sick with flu like symptoms...

I have been sick for 3 days now just starting to feel a little better...

Product or Service Mentioned: Zerowater Filter.

Comments

Why would I buy another filter if the first one made me sick?

Zemirah

Same thing going on. I thought at first that the water somehow took on flavor from something else in my refrigerator.

I know dairy products are known to do this. Anyway yes, sour water, and I feel the flu like symptoms. Freezing cold, then clamy and sweaty, stomache ache. How can this product even be on the market??

It took more than a few days for the filter to start doing this for me but I'm sure that all depends on how much water is going through it. I'm my opinion this is a horrible horrible product for a fairly expensive filter.

Myrka

Both my husband and I have been weak and sickly since using Zero Water. Had to stop using it and still took 10 days to feel better? Why is this product on the Market?

I just found the answer on Zero Water's site. It seems that the sour taste is by design so you have to change the filter.

Technically, I don't see a reason why a filter would start contaminating water unless it's an intentional "feature".

I can understand that the dissolved solids get higher then 5 but what else would explain a very sudden plummet in quality. https://www.zerowater.com/faq-troubleshooting.php

I got hives, and I’m pretty sure it’s from the lemony tasting Zero water, which is acidic. This, I believe, aggravated my mold allergy symptoms, thus causing the hives.

Has anyone checked the water beforehand for the ppm? Zerowater states on the website that the worse off the water is, that the filter will need changed sooner.

If your water is reading upwards 400+ then filter will only last at most 8 gallons before it needs changed. Compared to national average,of around 200 then the filter would need changed after 25-40 gallons.

I however just bought it and it leaves a metallic taste in mouth and throat a bit sore. But I've noticed material floating around in,filtered water that wasn't present beforehand.

@DadFromOhio

Same here. Metallic taste. Sore throat after one day

I have used this filter for 3 months and gone through 4 filters. A new filter reads 056 on first filters--not impressed.

Also have loose gold and black bits floating in the fill reservoir. Complained to company and they sent a replacement filter which is reading 058 on first filtering! And after 3 filtering it too is leaking these golden bits.. It doesn't taste good and hearing about the headaches now makes sense as to why I too am suffering headaches-waking every morning with a headache and just not feeling as well as before.

Also, my dogs won't drink the water I pour from the filter. We all need out money back.

I'm in palm springs California bought zero water from Wal-Mart. Only lasted 4 gallons and tastes like metal.

Undrinkable.

Health department needs to stop this asap. There is somethi my wrong and don't buy...contact consumer protection agency if you had this experience before more get sick.

@Shannon

Same here. Bed Bath and Beyond.

Very metal/chemical taste. I'm not taking any chances with it

Your waters taste most likely has nothing to do with your flu like symptoms, or if it does we will see many complaints of the same. My suggestion if this is your first filter cartridge is go replace the cartridge.

Then if you still notice the same thing after 4, or 5 gallons contact zero water. These are 5 stage filters That use ion exchange resins .

@PaulE

Terrible product. Going back to Brita

@PaulE

I have flue like symptoms to as does my fiancee i noticed little glass lilke pepples fibre glass i think inside my mouth and so i checked and they are all over the place in there

@Kelsey

Your grammar makes it hard to take you seriously...

I love it. Had it for a year.

The water is still fresh. Tastes good at room temperature too. I just came on here to learn how to use the red light tester...

wondering if it needs a battery. The water tastes dramatically different from what comes out of the faucet.

#1420633
@Nancy Naan0

I have had mine for 6 months using original filters. When we moved to Arizona and got a new filter element ..water taste lemony after less than a week. Very disappointed.

@Stacy

Maaan same here. GREAT taste but 3 weeks in ...

BAMM ! taste

I'm having the same problem. The tester started reading at 7 to 9 and I didn't think it would be an issue to use it a few more days.

It's tasting like lemons and weird.

I too am having head aches, shortness of breath, nausea . I run it through a Brita first and it's terrible after just a few days.

After using Zero Water for 3weeks, I became ill and dehydrated. To test if the Filter was the problem, I placed a small flashlight at the bottom of the zero water pitcher, and poured water thru the top.

Small, clear silicone beads were observed floating in the bottom of the Pitcher. They looked like the moisture absorbing beads found in some boxes of new shoes, which are toxic. From what I've observed. I believe silicone would demineralize the drinking water and cause dehydration due to no minerals in the Zero water.

The source of the bitter taster could not be determined, but I'm surprised Zero water doesn't put any warning on their label. I will never buy this product again.

i sorry to hear that i dont work for zero water but i and my family ,friends love it

Zerowater Reviews